Licensed Acupuncturist & Chinese Medicine
Shannon Hennigar has been practicing acupuncture for over 18 years and is a Licensed Acupuncturist by the California State Board since 2005. She also is credentialled for the National Board (NCCAOM), for out of state licensure. She received her Bachelor of Science in Holistic Medicine and Master of Science in Chinese Medicine from South Baylo University. Shannon has experience treating a wide variety of patients in multidisciplinary healthcare settings.
From Working alongside western medicine healthcare professionals such as Physical Therapists and Chiropractors to eastern medical masters of Qigong, Herbology and Reflexology has graced her with a wealth of experience and knowledge to draw from.
Shannon utilizes the natural healing modalities of acupuncture, cupping and herbal therapy to bring her patients back to a balanced healthy state. She enjoys helping people discover their own body’s innate healing capacity. Other adjunct therapies that Shannon uses in her treatments include micro needling, aroma-point therapy, Acu-tonics sound therapy, red light therapy, moxibustion and micro current. She also advises patients with self-care suggestions by incorporating essential oils, vitamin/herbal prescriptions and healing foods dietary advice. Her specialties include pain management and myofascial release, women’s health and facial rejuvenation. She believes by using the principles of eastern medicine, it is possible to achieve your highest mind-body-spirit health mastery goals
Traditional Chinese Medicine
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a holistic healthcare system that has been used for thousands of years to prevent and treat illness in China and other parts of the world. It is based on the concept of Qi, or vital energy, and the balance and harmony of opposing forces known as Yin and Yang.
Some of the benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine may include:
1. Improved overall health and well-being: TCM takes a holistic approach to health, addressing the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of the body. By promoting balance and harmony, TCM can help to improve overall health and well-being.
2. Reduced stress and anxiety: TCM incorporates various techniques, such as acupuncture, acupressure, and herbal medicine, that can help to reduce stress and anxiety.
3. Improved digestive health: TCM can help to improve digestive health by regulating the digestive system and promoting healthy digestion.
4. Pain relief: TCM includes techniques such as acupuncture and acupressure, which can be effective for reducing pain and inflammation.
5. Support for women’s health: TCM can be used to support women’s health concerns, such as menstrual irregularities, menopause symptoms, and fertility issues.
6. Support for respiratory health: TCM includes techniques such as cupping and herbal medicine, which can be effective for improving respiratory health and treating conditions such as asthma and bronchitis.
Safe, effective, proven treatment for so many health issues. The ancient art of acupuncture has been used in Asia for centuries to treat many conditions and relieve pain. Acupuncture is a form of alternative medicine that involves the insertion of thin, sterile needles into specific points on the body. This traditional Chinese medicine technique is believed to balance the flow of energy (known as Qi or Chi) through the body’s pathways or meridians, promoting healing and restoring health.
What are some common benefits of acupuncture?
1. Pain relief: Acupuncture is commonly used to treat chronic pain, such as back pain, neck pain, and headaches.
2. Stress reduction: Acupuncture can help to reduce stress and anxiety, promoting relaxation and improving overall well-being.
3. Improved sleep: Acupuncture has been shown to improve sleep quality and reduce insomnia.
4. Digestive health: Acupuncture can help to improve digestive health by reducing inflammation and regulating digestive function.
5. Reduced inflammation: Acupuncture may help to reduce inflammation in the body, which can be beneficial for a variety of health conditions.
6. Fertility support: Acupuncture has been used to support fertility in both men and women by improving blood flow and reducing stress.